Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Book Haul, or the One with the Missing Package




This week has been a rough one for me. I suffered through the most tragic of first world book blogger problems: a lost package. With a BOOK inside it. A book that is now floating somewhere in UPS limbo, trying to find its way home to me. *sniff*

With any luck the package--which was mistakenly mis-addressed by one tiny number, meaning UPS had no idea who I was any longer--will appear. In the meantime, here are this week's other goodies:

Received for review:

From Harper via Edelweiss:

1824126319367070

The Fall by Bethany Griffin
I wasn't totally thrilled with Griffin's first retelling, The Masque of the Red Death, but I LOVED The Fall of the House of Usher as a kid and can't wait to see how she twists my favorite Poe story.

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
OMG YES LOOK AT THE COVER SO PRETTEH crap why am I downloading another September review title CRAP

Purchased:

Most of you probably heard the incredibly sad news that Strange Chemistry, a truly outstanding YA imprint, is no more. I really wanted to show my support and buy all the books from them that I was meaning to read (plus they always had amazing covers).




The Wizard's Promise by Cassandra Rose Clarke
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by MG Buehrlen
Shadowplay by Laura Lam
Cracked by Eliza Crewe

That's it for me this week! Now let's see if that missing package ever decides to arrive...


9 comments:

  1. Yesssss I had to get Shadowplay too JUST IN CASE. So sad about your package. :(

    I saw The Fall and Illusions of Fate on EW and was kind of drooling at the sight of the green button. I swear I am one of Pavlov's dogs. But then I saw the September release date and went running in the other direction. I have TWENTY FIVE September books thanks to NetGalley so I've made a (tentative) plan to not request anything else releasing in 2014. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also going to hunt down some Strange Chemistry books while I can. Such a shame :( I also snagged those two books from Edelweiss. This will be my first book from Bethany Griffin and I love the cover.

    I hate it when packages get lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a few books from Strange Chemistry coming for me, and I'm so sad they are closed up now, cause they really had great books!
    Crossing fingers so your UPS parcel will find its way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Overlord Bing has hidden the package from you

    his reign of censorship has begun

    we are not safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Illusions Of Fate (I'm such a Kiersten White fangirl) and really liked it. Like, it's not the best book ever, but it's a fun read, you know? Also, there's magic which is cool.

    Oh and booooooo about your missing book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no about the lost package! That is heartbreaking...I hope it turns up. I was very close to DL White's new book but it's September and there are so, so many books I need to read for then already. I just can't add another. I hope it's beautiful! Can't wait to read your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo curious about the Cassandra Rose Clarke books. Those covers are gorgeous! I bet they will look super pretty on your bookshelf.

    Enjoy your goodies and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Illusions of fate has a gorgeous cover. I've just heard of Strange Chemistry publishing from an author's blog. I can't remember her name but it's so coincidental that just when I read her blog post I read yours! I think I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you read Mortal Engines? It's one of my favourite series. Hope that missing package turns up though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)